This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statistical Programmer Analyst
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is a private free-standing medical school located in suburban Milwaukee. It has a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and offers a Ph.D. in Biostatistics. The Division of Biostatistics, located in the Institute for Health and Equity, has 15 faculty members. They are involved in a number of large collaborative projects including the Center for Advancing Population Sciences, the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, and the MCW Cancer Center. The Division also has a Biostatistical Consulting Service which supports research across all disciplines at the College.
Under general supervision, assists in development, maintenance and testing of research data collection databases, performs data extraction from existing databases, prepares analytical datasets, and produces data summaries for study progress and analysis reports.
• Supports clinical trial research in multiple disease areas
• Works collaboratively with statistical and biomedical researchers to design data collection forms that capture all the information required for study conduct
• Implements data collection instruments in databases
• Performs statistical and database programming in current language
• Designs and implements processes for research data quality control to ensure data integrity
• Extracts data from research database for interim and final analyses
• Creates analytical datasets used for statistical analyses per investigators’ specifications
• Generates tabulations, listings, and graphical data summaries for study reports to be provided to stakeholders and regulatory committees
• Creates documentation of processes
Knowledge of computers, databases, statistical programming software (SAS proficiency required), good documentation practices, medical terminology, and records management.
Data utilization, problem solving, critical thinking, time management, and communication skills
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Education: Master’s degree