This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Founded in 1910, The University of Southern Mississippi is a comprehensive doctoral and research-extensive university fulfilling its mission of being a leading university in engaging and empowering individuals to transform lives and communities. The University of Southern Mississippi, which enrolls approximately 17,000 students each year, is the only dual-campus university in Mississippi with campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach. Six additional teaching and research sites are located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and in Meridian. Learn more at www.usm.edu.
1. Teaches undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of courses in Biostatistics. Teaching includes preparation of course materials such as syllabi, course content, homework assignments, and handouts; evaluation and grading of students’ class work, assignments, and papers; maintaining student attendance records, grades, and other required records; and holding regularly scheduled office hours in order to assist students.
2. Provides academic advisement and faculty mentorship to undergraduate and graduate students.
3. Pursues research and scholarly activity designed to result in peer-reviewed publication, professional presentations, and external funding.
4. Participates in service at a variety of levels, including program, school, college, university and community service.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Doctorate (Ph.D. or equivalent) at the time of appointment in biostatistics or a related discipline.
• Demonstrated line of scholarly inquiry evidenced by submission of peer-reviewed publications, professional presentations, and/or grant submissions and awards.
• Research, teaching, and/or service activity that demonstrates commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Experience teaching in both online and traditional classroom environments
• Professional work experience in biostatistics in a public health or healthcare setting
• Specialized knowledge in the field of biostatistics as demonstrated by graduate level coursework or professional experience is required.
• Knowledge of programming languages such as SAS and SPSS.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively on interdisciplinary teams.