This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact email@example.com.
Located in Memphis, TN
St. Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.
The Statistical Analyst is responsible for:
• Assisting in the analyses of research studies by using appropriate statistical methods and/or mathematical techniques
• Meeting with clinicians, scientists and other research personnel to discuss research projects, goals and hypotheses
• Providing support for statistical analyses by extracting data and ensuring accurate data files
• Using standard statistical software packages (e.g., SAS and/or R) to write computer programs to analyze data
• Preparing memoranda to effectively document data issues, statistical methodology, and analysis results and interpretations, including providing results in tabular and graphical forms
• Assisting investigators with abstract and manuscript development to disseminate research results
All duties are performed under the guidance and leadership of a faculty member and/or senior level biostatistician(s).
• Master's Degree in biostatistics, applied statistics, or related field required
• Prior medical consulting and/or graduate research experience in a biostatistical environment preferred
• Knowledge of statistical methods preferred
• Knowledge of statistical software such as SAS, R, etc. preferred
• Strong oral and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate statistical methodology and results to non-statisticians preferred
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a professional manner preferred