This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact email@example.com.
BioStat Solutions, Inc. (BSSI) is a statistical consulting corporation in service to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and biodefense industries. BSSI’s key service areas include the development and implementation of analytical strategies for biomarker studies, biodefense countermeasure development, and medical device / (companion) diagnostic studies.
• Assist clients by providing analytical strategies in major therapeutic areas and diseases
• Communicate with external and internal team members
• Conduct work in accordance with BSSI standard operating procedures (SOPs), BSSI QA/QC policies, client-specific requirements and applicable regulatory guidelines
• Serve in a Project Lead role when needed
• Develop statistical analysis plans to achieve study objectives for clients
• Identify, evaluate, refine and recommend statistical methods for use in analysis as appropriate
• Perform statistical analysis and programming (R, SAS, and other appropriate languages)
• Provide quality control and statistical analysis of a wide spectrum of datasets (clinical data, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, etc.)
• Validate statistical results with team members to ensure high quality deliverables
• Identify, interpret and present meaningful findings to key individuals (i.e. answer the “so what” questions)
• Provide technical writing for analysis plans, protocols and regulatory documents as needed, and summarize results (i.e. tables, figures and listings) for inclusion in presentations or reports
• Provide guidance to BSSI’s Statistical Analysts on statistical methodology and programming
• Participate in internal research and development activities, collaborate in research efforts and write scientific reports
• Attend on site client visits and present findings as needed
• Ph.D. REQUIRED. (Preferred degree in Statistics or Biostatistics) OR M.S. degree with 4-6 years’ relevant work experience
• Proficiency in R programming is required; proficiency in both R and SAS is preferred; experience in R package development and/or Shiny app development is a plus.
• Training in the theory and application of statistics is required; knowledge of high dimensional data analysis and machine learning is preferred.
• Hands-on experience in analysis of statistical genetics and/or precision medicine is required.
• Experience with sequencing (e.g. DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq) is required; experience in analysis of multiple omics data types is preferred.
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Motivation in continued learning of biological knowledge, statistical methodologies, and programming skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the US
BioStat Solutions, Inc. is a voluntary equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire