This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact email@example.com.
Assistant/Associate Professor - Tenure Track
Gustavus Adolphus College seeks employees who are committed to and will be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We seek candidates whose experience has prepared them to help us realize our college-wide goal of engagement and inclusion of culturally and racially diverse audiences in liberal arts and sciences. The Gustavus Acts strategic plan renews our commitment to equip students to lead purposeful lives, and to act on the great challenges of our time by diversifying and expanding the Gustavus community and delivering a distinctive and integrated liberal arts education.
Minnesota is home to a vibrant African American community and growing communities of Hmong, Latinx, and Somali peoples, as well as significant numbers of Indigenous people. We believe that representation from all of these groups contributes positively to our student body.
We are committed to fostering a community that embodies the value of a liberal arts education rooted in pluralism. We engage in this work at a coeducational, private, Lutheran (ELCA) College of Swedish immigrant heritage that is a leading residential, national liberal arts institution of 2200 students.
The Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics offers majors in Mathematics, Mathematics Teaching, Computer Science, and Statistics and graduates an average of 30 students per year. Among the 12.5 faculty, the department is home to four statisticians with varied research interests. In addition to the statistics major, the statistics minor is popular with students across campus, including those majoring in Economics, Finance, Management, Biology, Psychology and others. It is the philosophy of the Department that the skills of analytical thinking and logical argument, combined with the ability to communicate effectively, form the core of a solid liberal arts education in the mathematical sciences.
Gustavus faculty teach, advise, conduct research, and serve the college and department. The annual teaching assignment will be six courses, normally three courses per semester. Primary responsibilities include teaching courses in statistics at all levels of the undergraduate curriculum and conducting research in statistics or its applications. Faculty in the department advise students majoring in statistics, mathematics, and computer science, as well as first-year students who have not yet decided on a major.
• PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science or a related field, but will also consider candidates who have achieved ABD status and who will complete their degree by September 1, 2021;
• Demonstrated experience with both applied statistics and mathematical statistics;
• Prior experience teaching statistics;
• Evidence of a commitment to undergraduate teaching and student advising;
• Evidence of a commitment to pedagogical methods that enable students across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups to reach their maximum potential.
• Demonstrated effectiveness/excellence in teaching;
• Experience using statistical software such as R, Minitab, or SPSS in the classroom;
• Experience conducting undergraduate research;
• Experience working as a consultant or in collaboration with other disciplines;
• Demonstrated sympathy with the aims and ideals of liberal arts education; and
• Experience supporting students from diverse backgrounds.