This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ohio State University is a large, primarily residential, public research university in Columbus, Ohio. The Ohio State University college of medicine is nationally recognized as top institution in both education and research.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated postdoc with strong deep learning and image analysis skills to join our lab.
The candidate will work with Dr. Raymond Gao, Associate Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Department of Biomedical Informatics, and Division of Human Genetics at the Ohio State University. Dr. Gao’s lab uses large-scale genomics data, fundus photos, optical coherence tomography images and a variety of health data to advance the understanding of complex eye disease such as glaucoma.
The prospective candidate will develop automated software to detect and analyze biomarkers for onset and progression of ocular disease utilizing deep learning and other advanced machine learning technologies.
• PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
• Strong interest in machine learning & deep learning and their application in medicine.
• Strong analytical and computing skills
• Excellent coding skills in Python, MATLAB, C++, or Java.
• Have experience in image analysis (segmentation and classification) in medical images, with priority given to those with the ophthalmological modalities.
• Have a strong work ethic, and the ability to design projects within the research areas and available datasets.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and recordkeeping skills.