This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position TitlePrincipal Biostatistician
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
• Participate in collaborative research between the Biostatistics Service and one or more of clinical, translational and basic science groups in the institution;
• Depending on the nature of the collaboration, take full responsibility for all aspects of the collaboration, or participate along with a faculty biostatistician;
• In the context of a collaboration study, supervise the work of a research biostatistician or a data analyst.
The ideal candidate should have:
• A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field
• Proficiency in a statistical programming language (such as SAS, Stata, and R)
• Experience of collaborative research (including creating and maintaining data files, writing application programs within a statistical software, analyzing data, interpreting the results, and contributing to manuscript writing).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong commitment to statistical collaborations with medical and basic science investigators