This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position TitlePostdoc in Computational Statistics
Department of Statistics and Institute of Data Science
The Texas A&M Department of Statistics and the Texas A&M Institute of Data Science (TAMIDS) are seeking a postdoctoral research associate for research related to several data-science disciplines:
- scalable machine learning using Gaussian processes
- geospatial analysis of massive satellite data
- nonlinear, ultra-high-dimensional filtering (data assimilation)
- sparse decomposition of large, dense kernel matrices
The position will primarily be supervised by Dr. Matthias Katzfuss. The position is designed as a career-building step for a junior scholar, with the development of a research program as its primary focus. The postdoc will be trained in conducting and presenting research, publishing papers, and creating software for wide dissemination of the research. The postdoc will also engage with the broader mission of TAMIDS for one day per week on average.
- Start date: summer 2020 (or earlier, if desired)
- Highly competitive salary: up to $75,701 per year, plus benefits
- Initial appointment for one year, with extension to a second year subject to satisfactory performance
Doctorate in Statistics, Data Science, or related field required (at time of appointment)