This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form. Please note that jobs are posted within 24hrs of submission. If you have any questions, comments, or need to make a correction regarding your job announcement, please contact email@example.com.
Position TitlePrincipal Biostatistician
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
• Participate in collaborative research between the biostatistics group and one or more of clinical, translational and basic science groups in the institution;
• Depending on the nature of the collaboration, take full responsibility for all aspects of the collaboration, or participate along with a faculty biostatistician;
• In the context of a collaboration study, supervise the work of a MS level biostatistician.
The ideal candidate should have:
• A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field
• Proficiency in a statistical programming language (such as SAS, Stata, and R)
• Experience of collaborative research (including creating and maintaining data files, writing application programs within a statistical software, analyzing data, interpreting the results, and contributing to manuscript writing).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong commitment to statistical collaborations with medical and basic science investigators