This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. If you have any questions or comments regarding this listing, please contact email@example.com. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form.
Position TitleManager/Senior Manager, Health Data Deidentification
The experience of every cancer patient is a powerful legacy. Each patient’s story has the unique potential to teach us something new about the way cancer works, and help us find more effective treatments, faster.
At Flatiron, we believe that learning from the experience of every cancer patient is an imperative — it is the key to accelerating research and continuing to improve the quality of care. What stands in the way is an overwhelming technology challenge: much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. It is a problem that we believe we can solve.
We are looking for a Manager/Senior Manager, Health Data Deidentification, who is motivated to help maintain our commitment to oncology research and protect the privacy of patients. This position requires outstanding attention to detail and strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience with multitasking and prioritizing; and the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion. You will collaborate with a diverse team of oncologists, quantitative scientists, legal and privacy team and outside statistical disclosure control experts to assess and deliver our data products.
-Work with a cross-functional team and external experts to develop internal guidelines and procedures to assess risk and integrate deidentification into our delivery processes
- Own the day-to-day process of deidentification assessment and documentation with regard to all of Flatiron’s data deliverables
- Become a subject matter expert on our data and privacy protections in order to provide expertise to team members
- Contribute to Flatiron policy and decision-making regarding day-to-day implementation of de-identification and privacy
- Master’s or PhD in quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, applied statistics, biostatistics, health economics or a related field
- You love working with data and have at least 3-5 years of experience working with or exploring data with a critical eye including statistical and scientific principles and methods for rendering information deidentified
- You have knowledge of clinical data (e.g., electronic health record data, claims, SEER), the genomic landscape (e.g., next-generation testing), and/or other datasets used for health outcomes research (e.g., census and other publically available data sets)
-You are an effective communicator, both oral and written
- You are self-motivated, able to juggle competing tasks, and thrive in undefined situations
- You are a highly-effective collaborator and are motivated by the opportunity to work with oncologists, software engineers, product managers, and other members of the Flatiron team
Experience with HIPAA compliance
Experience coding in R, SAS or another programming language