This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. If you have any questions or comments regarding this listing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form.
Position TitleStaff Research Biostatistician
The Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology is one of four departments in the CEPH-accredited Hudson College of Public Health. The department currently mentors approximately 60 students in MPH, MS, and PhD programs and performs active research in communicable diseases, cardiovascular disease and diabetes, hematology, health disparities, environmental exposures and reproductive outcomes, tobacco control, trauma-related health outcomes, and cancer prevention. In May 2018, College Magazine ranked the OUHSC Hudson College of Public Health among the top 10 Colleges of Public Health in the nation (www.collegemagazine.com/top-10-colleges-for-public-health/).
The OUHSC campus is located near the vibrant and growing downtown area of Oklahoma City known for its cultural and sports attractions and for its low cost of living. The OUHSC is the hub of the Oklahoma Health Center, which includes 25 public and private health institutions. It is one of only a few academic medical centers in the nation with seven schools of health in contiguous space (Public Health, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Allied Health, and Graduate College). The Oklahoma State Department of Health is also located on the campus.
1. Study Design. Collaborates with medical and scientific researchers and administrators in designing research and program evaluation studies.
2. Instrument Development. Develops research instruments and surveys.
3. Data Collection. Oversees the collection of data and data entry.
4. Data Analysis. Monitors, cleans, processes, and codes data for statistical analysis. Merges and processes data from multiple sources and platforms. Analyzes large amounts of data. Performs statistical modeling to address project goals. Assists in the interpretation of such data.
5. Report Preparation. Prepares manuscripts and reports for the Hudson College of Public Health and Office of Institutional Research assists in the publication of research and presentation of program evaluation results
6. Institutional Research. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of data sets necessary for all Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE), National Student Clearinghouse (NCS), and/or additional reports required by institutional offices or accrediting bodies.
7. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Quantitative Psychology, Mathematics, or related field
Experience: 24 months experience using and programming statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.
Equivalent/ Substitution: Will accept a Bachelor’s degree plus 24 months equivalent experience in lieu of a master’s degree for a total of 48 months experience.
PREFERRED: Statistical consulting experience in biomedical sciences, public health, or program evaluation. Experience navigating and maintaining databases. Utilization of SQL databases and query writing. Experience with programming and software languages and tools including Oracle SQL Developer and Application Designer, R Studio programming for statistical analysis, and/or visualization software expertise to include Tableau, Sisense, and/or Microsoft Power BI.
Review of candidates will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
OUHSC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action institution which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.