This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. If you have any questions or comments regarding this listing, please contact email@example.com. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form.
Position TitleAssistant/Associate Professor Data Science/Analytics
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at St. Cloud State University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Data Science/Analytics. The successful candidate should be committed to excellence in teaching and dedicated to preparing the next generation of data scientists. The department has a vibrant and growing Statistics major program with concentrations in Data Science, Data Analytics, and Mathematical Statistics supported by eight statistics faculty. More information about the college and the department can be found at http://www.stcloudstate.edu/cose/ and https://www.stcloudstate.edu/mathstat/.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to provide instruction in, and leadership for, data science and data analytics programs. Furthermore, providing support to the Statistics and Data Analytics Consulting Center will be expected. The successful candidate will also be involved in the development of curricular materials, serve on department committees, be professionally active, and perform other duties as assigned. In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform other assignments effectively; 2) conduct research or other scholarly activities; 3) continue preparation and study in the discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community.
The ideal candidate will share St. Cloud State's commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to educating our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. Applicants will be expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become outstanding teachers through the use of research based, best practices pedagogy. They should be willing to participate in teaching using alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the College and at St. Cloud State University.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (https://www.ifo.org).
• Ph.D. in Data Science or a strongly related area with a strong statistics component by the appointment date,
an M.S. in Data Science/Analytics with a strong statistics component followed by at least 5 years of industry experience using state-of-the-art methods
• Demonstrated potential to be an effective instructor utilizing best teaching practices
• Strong and relevant computing skills (e.g., script programming, cloud computing, big data)
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
• Ph.D. in Data Science or strongly related area
• Data Science industry experience
• Experience engaging students in experiential learning through real-world projects
• Interdisciplinary experience
• Experience with teaching and assessment of on-line (credentialed) courses