This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. If you have any questions or comments regarding this listing, please contact email@example.com. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form.
Position TitleResearch Biostatistician II
Cancer Research Breakthroughs Begin with Employees Like You
Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Work alongside faculty and researchers who are making life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Our researchers develop some of the most advanced clinical trials in the world. Here, you will be a part of leading-edge cancer research history that improves our patients' treatment options, one trial at a time.
Are you ready to apply your skills in a new way?
As a Research Biostatistician II for the Cancer Institute you will deliver statistical services for principal investigators, clinical trials, including performance of statistical analyses, preparation of data sets and writing of statistical results. As an integral team member, you will be responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical trials including documentation of statistical methods, review of validation checks and providing reports to the Research Team. You will coordinate the statistic deliverables of ongoing research studies, ensure study timelines, reviews data for adherence to protocol, interacts with project coordinators to share knowledge of the data and provides statistical programming support to scientific programming personnel as required. In addition, you will also provide analysis of medical research data including meeting with investigators, defining the scope of work and making a time estimate for the work, development of an analysis plan, implementing appropriate statistical methods using statistical software, reporting and interpreting results, review of study design, and sample size and power determinations. Statistical services include database design, data management, and data analysis.
As a Research Biostatistician II, you will also be responsible for the following:
1. You will analyze and interpret findings relating to research and/or clinical trials according to established practices.
2. You will perform a variety of increasingly complex biostatistical programming and analytical assignments.
3. You may assist or collaborate in preparation of grant proposals, protocol designs, publications, and presentations.
4. You will construct, clean and manage databases that contain data on family structures, biologic traits and genetic markers. These data will be obtained from multiple sources involving coordination with collaborators from off-campus sites.
5. You will act as a consultant to Clinical and Research Faculty regarding research projects, with specific assignments in the Cancer Institute, as well as other departments and divisions.
6. You will perform statistical analyses for medical research projects. A complete analysis may include processing data from Excel or other databases into another dataset program (R, SAS), writing programs to manage and prepare data for statistical analyses, writing programs to perform statistical procedures, using standard statistical packages to analyze data, summarizing findings in reports, tables and graphs, interpreting results and preparing them in written report for investigators.
7. You will recommend appropriate statistical analyses for clinical outcomes and research questions.
8. You will summarize and interpret statistical analysis findings and prepares written reports for publications, presentations and grant proposals.
9. You will provide advice on the design of questionnaires and the design and management of databases; this may include advice on the design of questionnaires to ease data entry, designing of data screens, documentation, data formats, data dictionary, custom data entry checks, and custom programming macros.
10. You will provide investigators with sample size determinations and power analysis.
Masters Degree in Statistics or related discipline
2 years minimum experience in programming, analyzing and database management in a research environment.
Extensive experience with R, SAS is required
Experience in cancer research is preferred but not required.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)