This is a current listing of job announcements related to Statistics. If you have any questions or comments regarding this listing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit a job for posting please use the Statistics Job Submission Form.
Position TitleSr. Scientist - Biostatistician
KBRwyle is the global government services business of KBR. We deliver the government programs that matter most – on time, on budget, and often, on short notice or in extreme environments. KBRwyle is trusted when the stakes are high and national security is on the line. We drive change in science and technology to push the boundaries of what is possible. KBRwyle is at the forefront of our industry ready to take on any challenge, anytime, anywhere.
When it comes to government services – We Deliver:
• Mission-Critical Services: Flawless execution of the government's most complex and important programs, ensuring mission success on land, in air, at sea, in space and cyberspace.
• Undisputed Domain Expertise: Experts who are sought after to develop, test, and integrate new technologies and increase the operational readiness of legacy platforms and systems.
• Leading-Edge Solutions: Advances in science and technology that have pushed the boundaries of what can be done and where—from the most remote places on Earth to the far reaches of outer space.
While some companies pride themselves on responding to change, KBRwyle drives it.
The primary function of this position is to provide professional leadership, consulting skills, and expertise in the application of statistical theory and practice in support of ongoing investigations in NASA’s biomedical research laboratories. Responsibilities include critically analyzing clinical and research data, assimilating findings through the application of statistical principles and practices requiring comprehensive expertise, building visualizations to convey results, and effectively communicating methods and results to a variety of technical and management audiences with varying levels of statistical knowledge.
• Review data acquisition and analysis processes and develop SOPs for defined testing
• Assist with preparation of data summary charts as required
• Effectively communicate statistical concepts to non-statisticians (managers, researchers in other fields, etc.).
• Serve as a statistical expert consultant for assigned research and occupational surveillance projects using clinical and experiment biomedical data.
• Assist with study design and develop statistical plans for data analysis in support of proposed research questions.
• Participate in statistical reviews of ongoing projects to ensure appropriateness of statistical methodology, verify quality and accuracy of statistical analyses, and ensure accurate reporting and interpretation of analyses.
• Be familiar with statistical software such as SAS, Stata, or R.
• Develop statistical deliverables (i.e., analysis plans, methodology and statistical results sections, interpretation of results) for data requests, clinical reports, presentations and manuscripts.
• Draft and edit reports and manage long-term progression of papers, presentations or poster sessions, and NASA reports.
• Participate in biostatistics team meetings to foster use of best practices and effective communication and collaboration among research and epidemiology groups.
• Participate and present information in biostatistics and epidemiology technical information exchange meetings and educational forums.
• Maintain current CITI Human Subjects Research - Biomedical Research certification.
• Other tasks as directed.
Required Education and Experience:
• PhD degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computational Biology or in a similar discipline or a Master’s degree and at least 6 years of relevant work experience including statistical consulting experience within the medical/physiology field and clinical or occupational data mining.
• Demonstrated experience with multiple types of statistical analysis methods including generalized linear and nonlinear models with repeated measures, non-parametric modeling and analysis, Bayesian analysis, survival analysis, and techniques for dealing with missing data
• Minimum 5 years of experience in writing analysis code in statistical software packages such as SAS, R, Stata, MATLAB, etc.
• Superior analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including effectively explaining complex statistical concepts to non-statisticians
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting
• Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent tasks and seek direction on competing priorities
• Ability to work with general linear models, longitudinal and multilevel modeling, generalized estimating equations, survival analysis, and a familiarity with Bayesian principles of modeling and analysis
Desired Education and Experience:
• Experience in the design, development and execution of research grant proposals as well as the ability to document results for peer-reviewed publications
• Demonstrated knowledge/consulting of study design and statistical approaches
• Experience with the statistical complexities of working with clinical care/human physiological data
• Successful experience working both independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects
• Demonstrated experience with collaborations supporting multiple research disciplines/specialtie
• Has authored/co-authored at least 2 paper in a peer-reviewed publication within the past two years
• Ability to be creative in developing tailor-made methods for analyzing “small-n” data sets strong knowledge of statistical methods, including advanced inferential statistical theory and methodology that can be applied to a variety of dependent measures
• Experience with analysis of “Omics” data (e.g. sequencing, microbiome, gene expression, proteomics, etc.)
• Experience with machine learning techniques for healthcare data, predictive data modeling, and techniques for dealing with the multiple testing problem
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.