Company Information: Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
Position Title: Senior Statistician
Duties and Responsibilities: Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Develops valid research study designs.
2. Develops advanced statistical models including but not limited to linear regression models, logistical regression models, and trend analyses. Develops and presents reports resulting from statistical models and analyses. Analyzes the final material in the form of reports and records, including detail and summary tables, graphs and charts.
3. Performs advanced statistical analyses.
4. Develops survey methodologies and questionnaires using acceptable scientific practices.
5. Presents results to appropriate institutional committees and groups.
6. Supervises the routine tabulation of data and edits. Supervises the calculation of means, medians quantities, percentiles and coefficients of correlation. Supervise Master’s-student and Doctoral-student Graduate Assistants.
7. Performs other duties as assigned
Position Qualifications: Minimum Education:
Master’s Degree in statistics, or research related discipline.
Four (4) years of experience analyzing outcomes resulting from survey data, internal data, and external data.
1. Advanced statistical skills
2. Research study design skills
3. Research study supervision skills
4. Proficiency in SAS or R Programming is requires: Proficiency in both is preferred
5. Experience with Clinical Trials is preferred
6. Experience with Creating Data Monitoring Committee Reports is preferred
Salary Range: Competitive
Benefits: UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website:
Application Information: Online Application:
Contact Email: Marice.Barahona@uth.tmc.edu