Company Information: The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is a private free-standing medical school located in suburban Milwaukee. It has a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and offers a Ph.D. in Biostatistics. The Division of Biostatistics, located in the Institute of Health and Society, has 15 faculty members. They are involved in a number of large collaborative projects including the Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research, the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, and the MCW Cancer Center. The Division also has a Biostatistical Consulting Service which supports research across all disciplines at the College.
Position Title: Biostatistician
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Collaborate with medical and scientific researchers in designing research studies.
2. Provide consultation to multiple researchers from MCW as well as outside the institution on statistical methods, software and data management.
3. Perform the necessary statistical analyses in accordance with federal and private grants and contracts including the analysis of specific projects mentioned in grants and contracts.
4. Provide expertise in the development and maintenance of data management systems that optimize the efficiency of statistical analyses and reporting.
5. Work collaboratively with other members of the section as well as external customers and clients in the development of scientifically sound study and project designs.
6. Assist faculty with special research projects including medical information requests and special studies, analyzing proposed studies to determine feasibility.
7. Assist in the writing of grants and scientific publications, providing expertise and scenic content regarding the study design and statistical techniques to be used.
8. Assist in the preparation of research proposals for submission to external bodies.
Position Qualifications: Candidates must hold a Master’s Degree in Biostatistics or Statistics, or expect to complete such a degree.
Applicants should demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail required. Good computer skills including a working knowledge of SAS.
Application Information: To apply email a cover letter describing your interest in the position and qualifications and your CV to email@example.com.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org