Company Information: Mission and Vision:
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is one of the world’s oldest and largest public health agencies. It has a single mission: to protect and promote the health of all New Yorkers.
Position Title: 336409, Evaluation Lead, Bureau of Mental Health
Duties and Responsibilities: The Bureau of Mental Health is responsible for mental health service delivery to residents of New York City. The Bureau fulfills this responsibility by managing the development, implementation, and oversight of ongoing and new mental health initiatives for all New York City residents. The Bureau is also responsible for procuring and overseeing more than 400 treatment, rehabilitation, housing, case management, and advocacy contracted programs in addition to court-mandated Assisted Outpatient Treatment, Single Point of Access for
people with serious mental illness, NYC Supportive Treatment And Recovery Team for people with first episode psychosis, NYC Safe and the Mental Health Service Corps. The Bureau aims to ensure full access to quality, community-integrated, recovery focused care for all residents and is committed to implementing ThriveNYC, the mental health roadmap for all.
The Evaluation Lead will work in the Office of Research and Evaluation to improve the Bureau’s program evaluation and research activities to better meet the mental health needs of New Yorkers. The individual will serve as a centralized research and analytic resource for Mental Health Bureau leadership and staff regarding program evaluation, research design, survey development, and data analysis in order to inform Bureau planning and policy decisions. The Evaluation Lead will:
• Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of Bureau-wide program evaluation and research activities. This may include survey development, project
management, oversight of data collection and data analysis, and report writing.
• Design and conduct analyses of existing survey and administrative data to evaluate program outcomes and support planning for process change and improve quality of services.
• Work with programs to develop key outcomes and indicators.
• Identify and respond rapidly to requests for data analysis from the Commissioner’s Office and the Mental Health Bureau units. This may include analysis of program-level data, and
Citywide or national data that informs the work of the Bureau and its respective units.
• Author technical and research publications based on findings from the above analysis for senior managers and external stakeholders.
• Provide expert scientific background and research summaries for strategic communications and policy options.
• Provide direct supervision and mentoring to junior and mid-level research analysts.
Position Qualifications: Minimum Qual Requirements
1. For Assignment Level I (only physical, biological and environmental sciences and public health) A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in
an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health.
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of fulltime
experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of
responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least a master’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at
least two years of experience described in “2” above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in “1” and “2” above.
Salary Range: $78,630.00 – $ 90,425.00 (Annual)
Benefits: Upon interviewing, this information can be provided.
Application Information: To Apply
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number # 336409.
Application Deadline: 07/07/2018